You’d think that an eye cream is an eye cream, right? Well Dermalogica has six to choose from and picking the correct one for your skin concerns can be confusing. So this yourskinexpert.co.uk blog should help you make the right decision and get the best out of your products.
First decide what your concerns are. Puffiness, lines and winkles, firmness (or lack of)? It may be that you should ideally be using more than one skin care product for your eyes, ie am and pm or layering one over the other. Read on to discover your perfect eye treatment.
Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF15 £43.00
- This is a great option if you’re new to eye treatments and want something multi tasking.
- Pink coloured optical light diffusers minimise the appearance of dark circles.
- Titanium Dioxide used is a physical sun screen perfect for the sensitive eye area.
- Lightweight and easy to apply.
- Suits all skin types.
- Apply am.
Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair £46.00
This is a great partner to Total Eye Care used as a night treatment to relieve, hydrate and nourish.
- Replenishing formula is perfect for dry and dehydrated skin.
- Use am and or pm.
- Can be layered over Stress Positive Eye Lift.
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines.
Dermalogica Multi Vitamin Power Firm £45.00
If you are concerned about premature ageing around the eyes, then MV Power Firm is a great first anti-ageing treatment.
- Vitamin complex smooths the skin, hydrates and helps repair damage.
- Silicon texture is great as an extra layer to prevent dehydration, especially in cold weather.
- Use am and pm.
- Can be layered over Biolumin C Eye Serum and Stress Positive Eye Lift.
Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift £55.00
An absolute must for crepey skin and eyes that get puffy overnight.
- Gel cream formula literally melts away fine lines.
- Cooling wand helps to de-puff around the eye.
- Energises tired eyes (my personal morning favourite).
- Can also be used as an eye masque by applying a thicker layer. Leave on 5-10 mins and let the product absorb, then massage the remaining product in with the wand.
- Can be used under all other Dermalogica eye treatments except Biolumin C Eye Serum which should be applied first (then follow with SPEL if desired).
Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex £65.00
My favourite night treatment for eyes.
- Highly active potent retinol cream regenerates, firms and hydrates.
- Suitable for age 40+ or prematurely aged skin with sun damage.
- Use alone or with SPEL underneath.
- Like most Retinol-based products, this really does significantly improve the appearance of skin ageing.
- Use pm only and introduce slowly, 2-3 times per week. Gradually increase usage with skins’ tolerance to Retinol.
Dermalogica Biolumin C Eye Serum £61.00
Launched just recently, as this is a serum , it can be layered under all of the other eye treatments with the exception of Age Reversal Eye Serum.
- Antioxidant serum to brighten, firm and hydrate.
- Skin appears firmer, brighter and more hydrated. If you are oil-phobic (hate an oily or greasy feel on your skin) you’ll love this product.
- Super lightweight and great if you suffer from hyperpigmentation.
- Use am and pm.
- Great layered under other eye products to boost results.
So there you have it. Remember the skin around the eyes is far thinner than the rest of the face which is why it’s important to use an appropriate eye product rather than your daily moisturiser around the eye. The question is, which will it be?
Any further questions about the above? Feel free to message me at firstname.lastname@example.org